Sunday, March 16, 2008

Saturday

We had 5 basketball games 3 in Hurricane and 2 in Cedar...so I was not there for all of them. I was happy to make it to see KiKi and Melissa win their last game...

Christian was hurt during his game and is on the sofa not moving his knee for the next 30 hours and i am playing Nancy nurse...he is an easy patient...this morning he was in terrible pain, I should have gotten up in the night and given him anti inflamatory...but failed to set the alarm before falling asleep...he was in bad shape, Ryan taught me never to let the pain get ahead...I made that same mistake with him and he suffered for it...you would think when you learn a lesson you would never have to learn it again...but that is not the way it works. He is comfprtable again for the moment...1.5 hours till meds. He has his foot elevated and has frozen peas on his knee.

We are missing church so we will be watching a conference talk or something to make up for it. I was home with Kirsten last week, sick. She was very uncomfortable this week...but she went anyway. Her softball coach asked for 20 push ups...she was on 18 and he told her she was doing it wrong so she had to start over...she got to 20 and he said she couldnt have done 20 and told her to do it again...so she ended up at 58 which was a lot for her...she cant move her arm too freely. She was so sore she couldnt practice pitching and then she played three games yesterday she had a dehydration head ache and was exhausted...it will be nap time when she gets home...and it is the perfect day for a nap...it is gray and rainy out there today...

Work continues to be a mixed blessing...I enjoy being home working as I am more available to my family...but the pay is very low for the hours I work...and there are no benefits and the cost of healthcare continues to rise...and rise. I am thinking of looking into a state job with benefits and retirement. I probably would not make the change until the kids are a bit older...I want to be there for them...hope the health thing is willing to cooperate, as well as my car :)

No word on Lauren's loan...Steve leaves Iraq on the first of April.

Ryan and I had a conversation...I had a sad time, remembering a day in his babyhood I let him down...I wanted him to know i was sorry...and he didnt understand why I felt I needed to do that...but I do...I need my kids to know that I was not perfect and that if I could hit rewind there are things I would change..He is such a loving generous man...I am blessed with him in my life.

I got to talk with Sean too...he told me about life there in his neck of the woods...about their dreasm and goals...I love talking with him...knowing what is going on in his life...and knowing he is happy...ask them aobut the dream house...it sounds wonderful to me. He also had an exciting basketball tournament...wow!

Branden went home and got Kaden for the weekend he is staying with them every other weekend with the goal being he will eventually be there at least more...Ilia is very uncolfortable and is still working...hard on both she and Branden...she is exhausted and he feels like he isnt doing as well as he should...the truth is that life is hard and challenging and even the best of us are asked to stretch and be challenged and sacrifice...it is part of the cirriculum of life...and it is a required course.

No comments: