Thursday, April 24, 2008

Thought for the day

Robert Louis Stevenson:
There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it behooves all of us not to talk about the rest of us

Why do we fear that which we see as faulted in others...why not see them as a chance to learn somthing new and to broaden our understanding. Having lived in UT for so long I forget how much diversity the world offers us. If we are to hope to bring unto Christ his lost sheep...we must love them like Christ...there is no love in judgement...and it is very dificult to reach someone with your fear in the way. I want to love my neighbors...not notice what I wish was different...but I battle noticing the negative, or slip into annoyance easily...

Today there were two little boys riding skate boards out front...they were flying off the ramp and up my driveway, very near the cars...I was bugged, I actually had the thought "Why do their parents let them do that..." Then my mind wandered back...several years when my own boys were young and rambuncious and were climbing too hgh in trees and running pel mel through the neighborhood...I loved my boys and was doing my best...my neighbor too could be doing her best...just as likely that she was than that she wasnt...so I watched them take their lives in their hands and enjoyed the moment and the memory of days long past...

All is well.

No comments: