Friday, April 25, 2008

We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.”
—Carlos Castaneda

I do sometimes seem to want to pick miserable...cause I am too tired of being strong...what a dumb choice. As I sit here thinking about why that is, I guess it is because I thought miserable took no work, and strong takes so much...does it take work to be miserable...I am going to pay attention to my thought process when I am allowing the waves of disappointment and overwhelm to crash over me...am I investing as much negative energy as it takes to hold the waves at bay when I make myself see the bright side. Another dark thought I admit to myself, seems like I am giving the other person involved a get out of jail free pass when I choose strong...and when I am mad I want them in jail......ah............so it is punitive, I want to punish someone, and I do. Me...maybe them. Certainly me. If that isnt a lesson in do unto others as you would have them do unto you...what is? Gotta choose what I work on alot more carefully. Taking the high road is always work...I hadnt really thought about taking the low road is work too...because you dont really control that, you have no choice in the fall. ( who does that sound like?) Kinda like falling down a hill...it doesnt feel like work, it hurts and it takes you down...have to climb back up though, and even if you choose to sit at the bottom and wallow...you have to control your thoughts, stay dark, cause we want to be optimistic, the light in us fights...and optimism makes you climb back up...might as well take control of yourself and climb in the first place...less cuts and bruises and you feel better at the end of the day.

No comments: