Sunday, January 27, 2008

President HInkley passes away


I am sad this evening knowing that I will not again here the voice of this great man...who I loved to listen to. I loved that he was warm, and inviting to all...he was welcoming and wanted everyone to feel part of his love and the love of our Savior...he taught by how he lived what we should do for each other. That we should truly love one another...I will miss this kind warm funny man, who humbly served his Lord for most of his life...

Not just our prophet...he was truly our friend

2 comments:

Marci said...

I agree...truly our friend. I too wish I could listen to him again. At least we have the general conference audio archives. He was such a dear man, and probably the most influential prophet I've had in my lifetime.

Pegasus !4 U said...

Yes, influential...but in a different way than some others...he was so open. He was so inviting and taught invitationa and tolerance...he was a voice I needed to hear as I so believe that we need to love to reach...without tolerance of those either in or out of the church there is little chance to have real christlike love...when I think of Gordon B Hinkley...I think of Jesus and his love of all...sinner and saint...and that he walked with those that needed him most...I am so sad he is gone from this world...there will be a hole in my heart for a long time...